Senior Engineer Oracle Database Administrator
You will be working on the development of seamless Payments platforms across the globe, the technology team that cut across providing hi-tech platform and technology infrastructure.
What will you learn?
- The Team works on a platform a platform to work on various Databases like Oracle, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, MySQL and NoSQL.
- Shall get a chance to work on transactional servers and will get to know how payment gateway works.
- Responsible for defining and maintaining the data architecture and associated data maintenance, Database Administration
- Data guard
Good to have
- Any experience in other Database
- Good understanding of Oracle Architecture
- Clear understanding of features like RAC/Goldengate/Data Guard / OEM
- Solid exposure to install/upgrade/tune/troubleshooting & able to architect an environment with good standards
- Hands on experience of RAC, Database and ASM management
- Solid understanding of RAC components and architecture
- Performance tuning experience of RAC and database
- Experience of ASM management and configuration
- RDBMS and GRID patching experience
- Understanding of Golden gate would be preferred
- Data guard administration and implementation
- Monitoring of Oracle using OEM 13c
- Will prefer candidates having Exadata Admin exposure &/or other RDBMS exposure (Redis/Mongo/Postgres)
- Manages deployment of Oracle and Maintenance.
- Manages the deployment of database solutions that are optimally standardized and database updates to meet project deliverables.
- Performance tuning
- Experience of database migration
- Leads database infrastructure security posture, which includes proactively identifying security risks and implementing both risk mitigation plans and control functions.
- Oversees the resolution of chronic complex problems to prevent future database performance issues.
- Supports process improvement efforts to identify and test opportunities for automation and/or reduction in time to deployment.
- Responsible for complex design, development, and performance and system testing, and provides functional guidance, advice to experienced database administrators.
- Mentors junior staff by providing training to develop technical skills and capabilities across the team.
- Must have worked in Production Support, preferably in large Financial institutions
- Must have worked in team spanning regions
- Ability to articulate & implement best practices
- Experience leading a major work stream or multiple smaller work streams for a large domain initiative, often providing technical guidance and advice to project team members
- Experience creating deliverables within the global database technology domains and sub-domains, supporting cross-functional leaders in the technical community to derive new solutions
- Experience supporting automation and/or cloud delivery effort; may perform financial and cost analysis
- Experience in database architecture or other relevant IT experience, with knowledge across multiple Mastercard product lines
- Experience in leading business system application and database architecture design, influencing technology direction in range of breadth of IT areas
- Experience developing a specialization in a particular functional area (e.g., replication, performance tuning, logical and physical database design, performance and troubleshooting, data replication, backup and recovery, and data security)
Experience- 5+ years
Work Location: Pune
Work Timings: General and UK shift (ROTA)
Notice Period: Immediate
TEKsystems - an Allegis Group company is the world’s leading IT Staffing & Services Organization. We service over 6000 clients globally, which include 90% of the Fortune 500 companies. We specialize in Applications, Network Services, IT Support, and Communications Technologies. We have Offshore development centres across India.